Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Myth of Youth

Some heads that are based on some girls I saw on campus
Here is a little bit of my process:

First, I do really messy sketches.
Then I do really messy paint to figure out the colors I'm gonna use.
Then I clean up the shapes, get rid of the line work and paint in the shadows and highlights. 
And here are the portraits in B&W for fun!

So here's the thing--I am not very good at coming up with titles, so I'm leaving it up to the music I have recently listened to to name my blog posts.

Here are a few songs I've listened to lately:

8 comments:

  1. Awww seeing your work is always a beautiful experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dani, reading your blog is a beautiful experience, soooo... gotcha :) Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Nice! Where ever do you find the time?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, kind sir!
      I have to make time for art! It's what I love :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for showing your process. I always love seeing that. Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, man. :)
      I like documenting my process because it's so rewarding looking back on how ugly it was at the beginning! haha!

      Delete
  4. Your ART makes me smile. Every time.

    ReplyDelete